Senior Athletes Ready to Move onto the Collegiate Level

Despite the obstacles faced by high school athletes through the Covid-19 pandemic, senior athletes have continued to persevere and exceed expectations. The following seniors have committed to play their respective sports at the collegiate level:

John Carver, Adelphi University

Senior John Carver is committed to play Division-II baseball at Adelphi University. Carver is a six-foot-two pitching prospect with a strong arm and big frame. As a lifelong baseball player, he is excited to continue his journey at the collegiate level. Carver shared, “I chose Adelphi because it is a perfect fit for me. They have a great program where I feel I will thrive.” Coach Al Marrazzo was proud to see one of his players achieve such a great accomplishment: “I am so proud of the young man he has become. He is a young man who has earned this scholarship and opportunity. He is well-deserving, and we wish him nothing but the best. He and his family should be extremely proud.” When asked why he was excited to play at the next level, Carver said, “I am excited to play college baseball because I get the opportunity to compete for another four years and create relationships with my teammates and coaches.” His competitive nature and ability to work with a team will serve him well at Adelphi University.

Mason Benvenuto, SUNY Oneonta

Senior Mason Benvenuto is committed to play Division-III lacrosse at SUNY Oneonta. Benvenuto is a four-year varsity attackman and a big contributor on both sides of the ball. “I am super excited to be playing lacrosse in college because it is something I love doing, and I can’t imagine the next four years without it,” said Benvenuto. She added, “I chose to play lacrosse at Oneonta because right when I stepped onto the field on campus, it felt like home. I had such an amazing feeling about it. I am so excited to meet my teammates and continue my lacrosse career.” Coach Vinny Tetro praised Benvenuto’s work ethic: “She comes to practices and games ready to work hard every day. She is constantly improving her game to take it to the next level.” He added, “She is an amazing teammate and is an instant chemistry builder, which is an intangible that cannot be measured.”

Finn Boyle, SUNY Potsdam

Senior Finn Boyle is committed to be a part of the Division-III SUNY Potsdam swim team. He has been a contributor to the Lynbrook swim program for the past four years and will continue his efforts in college. Boyle said, “I am excited because it will be a longer season and it will give me more time to improve on my times.” When going through the recruiting process, he truly felt that SUNY Potsdam was where he belonged: “From speaking with the coach, it seems that it is a very close team, which will make me more interested to practice.” Boyle hopes to be a competitor and have success in his efforts in the coming years.

Andrew Ciprian, Palm Beach Atlantic University

Senior Andrew Ciprian is committed to play Division-II lacrosse at Palm Beach Atlantic University. Ciprian is an athletic long-pole midfielder and defenseman. He is confident that his college decision will not only benefit his lacrosse career, but also his future. “I chose PBA because I love the area,” he shared. “It is a leading school for my major, and it is an environment that I feel I can grow in,” added Ciprian. He is most excited to make progress at the next level: “I am looking forward to playing lacrosse in college because I am excited to be part of such a great team and look forward to making a big impact.” His work ethic has led him to his commitment to PBA. Ciprian excitedly said, “I am very thankful that I get to continue playing a game that I love so much.”

Kaitlyn Devaney, Merrimack College

Senior Kaitlyn Devaney is committed to be a part of the Division-I swim team at Merrimack College. She has been a star for both the school swim team and her club team. She is very passionate about swimming and is excited to continue her career: “This upcoming fall, I am so excited to swim at Merrimack College because I get to further my swimming, which I love.” She is not only excited to swim, but also to build bonds with her team. She commented, “I get to have an amazing bond with some of the best people that I get to call my teammates.”

Sarah Fava, Cabrini University

Senior Sarah Fava is committed to play Division-III lacrosse at Cabrini University. She is a strong defenseman who poses an aggressive threat to opposing teams. It has been a lifelong dream of hers to play lacrosse in college: “Ever since I was little, I loved playing lacrosse, and now, I have an opportunity to play my favorite sport at a college I love.” Her passion for lacrosse and drive to compete have led to her success in her high school career. When asked why she was most looking forward to her next four years, she responded, “I get to learn new skills and have new teammates to create lifelong bonds with.”

Isabelle Gaudet, Virginia Wesleyan University

Senior Isabelle Gaudet is committed to play Division-III volleyball at Virginia Wesleyan University. Her skill and precision on the court as a libero are undeniable and have contributed greatly to the success of Lynbrook Volleyball in recent years. She is very dedicated to her sport and said, “I am really excited to get to play with a team of girls that is as committed and serious about volleyball as I am.” Gaudet has set an example for her fellow volleyball players for the past four years and is not only a great player but a great teammate as well. She excitedly shared, “I also cannot wait to make some lifetime friends over the next four years.”

Jenna Hendrickson, University of Pittsburgh

Senior Jenna Hendrickson is committed to play Division-I lacrosse at the University of Pittsburgh. The four-year varsity starter is a midfielder that is always a scoring threat. Hendrickson loved the team environment at Pittsburgh. Hendrickson shared, “The reason why I chose the University of Pittsburgh to continue my academic and athletic career is because of the life skills they teach that will help me succeed academically. I am beyond excited to be a part of the family-like atmosphere the team and university have created.” Coach Vinny Tetro is proud to have coached Hendrickson for the past four years. He praised her and said, “Hendrickson worked tirelessly over many years to fulfill her goal of playing high-level Division-I lacrosse.” He continued, “She has done things on the lacrosse field that players and coaches alike are in awe of. She has a natural ability to slow the game down in her mind, which allows her to play at a level only truly great players can achieve.” When asked why she was excited to continue her lacrosse career in college, Hendrickson said, “It will give me the opportunity to create strong relationships with people from all over and will allow me to build better leadership skills.”

Madi Marchetta, Adelphi University

Madi Marchetta is committed to play Division-II lacrosse at Adelphi University. She has been a “brick wall” in the net for the Lady Owls for the past three years and continues to grow as a player. She is not only a great player, but also brings incredible energy to her team: “I love being part of a team and having a second family.” Being a student-athlete was essential to her college experience. Marchetta passionately said, “I think playing and being a student will be very beneficial because it will keep me disciplined and in shape.” Her dedication to being a successful lacrosse player is evident and has benefitted her greatly throughout her high school career. She said, “I am very much looking forward to connecting with my new teammates and playing the sport that I love.”

Luigi Prosperi, Long Island University

Luigi Prosperi is committed to play Division-I soccer at Long Island University (LIU). Prosperi earned all-state and all-county honors in leading the Owls to a successful playoff run. He plays club soccer for BW Gottschee and has played competitively his entire life. He said, “I am excited that I am going to be playing college soccer because it is my passion. I have been playing since I was four years old, and I am excited to pursue it in college.” Prosperi’s speed and scoring ability will be a huge asset to the LIU men’s soccer program.

Erin Quinlan, Case Western Reserve University

Erin Quinlan is committed to be a part of the Division-III swim team at Case Western Reserve University. Quinlan is dedicated in both the pool and the classroom, leading to her decision to compete at such a prestigious university. When asked why she chose to pursue swimming in college, she said, “I am so excited to be able to pursue the sport I love for the next four years. I am looking forward to joining such a close-knit team and continuing improving in college.” Quinlan is a strong competitor and will certainly benefit her college team.

Kayla Schwizer, SUNY Oneonta

Kayla Schwizer is committed to play Division-III soccer at SUNY Oneonta. Her height, speed, and athleticism have led her to four successful years as a part of the Lady Owls soccer program. Playing soccer in college has always been a lifelong dream for Schwizer: “I am looking forward to playing soccer in college because I have always wanted to continue my athletic career into the future, and college is a great transition into that.” She is enthusiastic about her play and is a presence opposing any other team. As a captain of the Lady Owls, she has shown team-building skills and hopes to grow them in college: “I am excited to continue building friendships and camaraderie with my teammates.”

Lauren Siciliano, Northern Vermont University – Lyndon

Lauren Siciliano is committed to play Division-III softball at Northern Vermont University – Lyndon (NVU). Siciliano is a big hitter and is great on the defensive end as well. She has been a big contributor to the Lady Owls for the past four years and hopes to continue her success in college. She excitedly said, “I am excited to play at NVU because I will be working with a different group of teammates at the next level.” She has a strong work ethic that will benefit her in her college career. Siciliano shared, “I have put in a lot of time and hard work to get where I am today, and I cannot wait to start working with my new team and coaches this fall.”

Emily Bergin, Oberlin Conservatory

Emily Bergin is committed to be a part of the Division-III swim team at Oberlin Conservatory. Bergin has been a dedicated member of the swim program for many years and will be a valuable asset to her new team. Looking forward, she said, “I’m really looking forward to continuing to swim […] I’m attending their conservatory for double bass performance, and I didn’t think I would be able to swim while attending conservatory.” Her athletic and musical talent will serve her well in her next four years. Being a swimmer is very important to Bergin, and she is excited to continue at the next level.