Meet the ’24-’25 National Honor Society Board

(L-R) Katy Gottlieb, Evie Dellacona, John Luigi Mucciacciaro, and Miranda Mangru pose for a photo at the NHS induction ceremony. Photo courtesy of Lenny Bruno

The National Honor Society (NHS) held its annual induction ceremony on Wednesday, May 1. NHS is proud to announce its new board for the 2024-2025 school year: President Miranda Mangru, Vice President John Luigi Mucciacciaro, Secretary Evie Dellacona, and Treasurer Katy Gottlieb.

Q: How does it feel to have been given a board position?

Mangru: I was beyond excited and honored to be given the role of president. Getting this position is definitely the highlight of my high school career, and I am still in shock that I was selected to fulfill this role. When my name was called during the induction ceremony, I was blown away. I’m very grateful for the support of my schoolmates and most definitely, my family.

Mucciacciaro: I was surprised to have been elected, but I hope to make the grade proud and live up to their expectations. I would like to thank all the current National Honor Society members, and especially Mr. Bruno, for their efforts toward making this program as great as it is!

Dellacona: It feels great to have been elected as this year’s NHS secretary. I have put a lot of work into my academic portfolio, and securing a position on the board makes my hard work really pay off.

Gottlieb: I feel so honored and grateful to have been awarded the position of NHS treasurer. I have worked diligently throughout my high school career and within my community, and it is very special to have received this position.

Q: What are the responsibilities for your role?

Mangru: My responsibilities would include assigning tutoring assignments to members, coordinating fundraisers such as our annual cheesecake fundraiser with Miss Chocolate, and organizing NHS events like Quiz Bowl.

Mucciacciaro: As vice president, I will generally be responsible for acting as a sort of glue for the team. This means that I will be focused on both carrying out the orders assigned to me and helping the other officers with their work as needed.

Dellacona: As secretary, I will be responsible for monitoring attendance, paperwork, and managing all events for the National Honor Society.

Gottlieb: As treasurer, I will be responsible for planning events and organizing our funds.  

Q: What do you hope to achieve as a board/society this year?

Mangru: I believe we can spearhead more NHS events and encourage students to excel in their studies so they can become a part of this prestigious congregate.

Mucciacciaro: Speaking on behalf of all the newly inducted National Honor Society officers, we aim to ensure that future events, fundraisers, and meetings will continue to run smoothly.

Dellacona: I hope to achieve a higher participation rate of the club this year to showcase the mass talent Lynbrook High School possesses.

Gottlieb: I hope to get more people involved this year, especially with our toy drive, quiz bowl, and tutoring program. I look forward to seeing what the year holds for this new group of inductees and the new NHS board.