Key Club Funds are Poppin’ after their 2nd Double Good Popcorn Fundraiser of the ‘23-’24 School Year

Katy Gottlieb

The Key Club (KC) hosted its second Double Good popcorn fundraiser from February 7-11. As described by junior and KC secretary Kate Santoli, “Double Good is a fundraising platform that utilizes various new, delicious, and innovative popcorn flavors such as Sergeant Salt and Pepper, Holla-Peño, and White Cheddar Go Getter as a way to fundraise.” The company’s motto, “raising joy,” encompasses the goal to raise money for a chosen cause while providing supporters with yummy popcorn that can be the perfect on-the-go snack. With its vibrant, unique packaging and designs, Double Good is always eye-catching and inspires others to buy popcorn and support their community. 

Sophomore and KC board representative Aidan Pearsall explained, “Double Good popcorn is an easy-to-access app that splits the profits of popcorn sales amongst various charities in order to increase our impact.” Santoli added, “We have this fundraiser twice a year, once in February and once around the end of September or early October, and it is one of our most successful fundraisers each year.” Sophomore KC member Amanda Perri shared, “All of the Key Club members open an online pop-up store where they can send the link to anyone so they can buy popcorn with the proceeds going towards helping people.”

KC members promoted the fundraiser through their social media accounts as well as by reposting on @LHSKeyClubb’s Instagram story. They even texted the link to family members, friends, and neighbors to increase sales. “These are all great methods of marketing and allow us to make a difference in our community,” Pearsall said. 

Photo courtesy of @lhskeyclubb

As a whole, the club raised $10,546 this time around, and the proceeds went to the Joseph Cordes Scholarship Fund, PGA Metropolitan Section Foundation, senior scholarships, and Lynbrook Key Club. Lynbrook’s top sellers included sophomore Cooper Cordes with $1,367 raised, sophomore Averi Taub with $780, and Santoli with $688. 

Ultimately, the fundraiser is a fan favorite; the Lynbrook community looks forward to it each year and is always impressed at the incredibly successful efforts of the Key Club.