Key Club’s Annual Blood Drive Saves Lives

Photo Courtesy of @lhskeyclubb Instragram

Key Club hosted its first blood drive of this school year on Wednesday, Nov. 22, collecting a total of 114 pints of blood. Prior to the event, Key Club members worked to spread awareness about the blood drive via social media, flyers, announcements, and emails.

“This blood drive was a great way to kick off the year. I am really happy with the positive impact Key Club has been able to have on the community and for people in need,” said Key Club Vice President Erik Diaz.

During the blood drive, countless members of the community donated blood. Donors consisted of alumni, Key Club members, staff, community members, and students. Dr. Benedict Tieniber, Key Club’s advisor, commented, “Everyone involved did a great job putting all of this together. We appreciate everyone who came to donate.”

The blood drive is a tri-annual event for Key Club, bringing community members together to save lives. The members of Key Club are excited for the upcoming blood drives this year and cannot wait to continue to make a difference in so many lives. Senior Dea Pulatani, Key Club President for the last two years, shared, “This blood drive was officially one of the last blood drives I will ever run at Lynbrook High School. We did an amazing job. The volunteers worked so well to help everything run smoothly, and on behalf of Key Club, we would like to thank everyone who showed up and donated or tried to.”